National Day of Prayer
May 4, 2017
FOR YOUR GREAT NAME’S SAKE
Hear us…Forgive us…Heal Us!
O Lord, Listen! O Lord, Forgive! O Lord, Hear and Act! For Your Sake, O My God…Daniel 9:19
Join others as they join together on Thursday, May 4 in prayer for our nation. Meet at the Iowa State Capitol Rotunda at 12PM for worship and prayer!
WHY PRAY FOR AMERICA?
God is sovereign and nothing comes as a surprise to Him. Whether we face fluctuating economics, threats from abroad, unrest at home, or other troubling circumstances, our Heavenly Father is not caught unaware. Through prayer, we are able to tap into His wisdom, strength, protection, and peace. He stands ready to respond to our needs when we humbly ask for divine intervention in the affairs of men.
As we pray for America whose pledge of allegiance recounts that we are “one nation under God,” and whose currency states that it is “in God we trust,” we want Americans to encounter the God who rules over their country. “He who forms the mountains, creates the wind, and reveals His thoughts to man, He who turns dawn to darkness, and treads the high places of the earth—the Lord God Almighty is His name.”—Amos 4:13
EQUIPPED TO P.R.A.Y.
- PRAISE – Thank God for what He has already accomplished through Jesus
- REPENT – Confess your sins and shortcomings. Repent personally and on behalf of our nation. The Lord is quick to forgive when we come humbly to Him.
- ASK – Ask God to reveal truth, turn our hearts back toward Him, and bring healing.
- YIELD – Yield to the Lord and recognize that He has heard our prayers and will answer according to His will. He is ready to provide guidance and direction.
- Pick up a prayer guide on the table in the foyer on Sunday, April 30.
- Pray for our Government, Military, Media, Business, Education, Church and Family!
- Go to: NationalDayofPrayer.org for more information